As a tutor you will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a student or with a small group of students from Kindergarten to 8th grade who are in need of academic assistance. Tutors work with students during the school hours at a school site during a time that is set by the school and works with the tutor’s availability.
Requirements for becoming a Tutor:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a driver’s license
- Must complete a Volunteer Application and provide 4 references
- Registering as a volunteer on-line with Chatham County Schools and complete background check via App-Garden.
- Attend one CIS in-person training session provided by CIS CC staff member
- Complete a free online Child Maltreatment Training course