THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Download a copy of the job description here.
Founded in 1989, CIS CC is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to surrounding students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Our employees enjoy a supportive work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in a young person’s life.
The Coordinator is responsible for overall program management of the Community Service & Restitution Program. The purpose of this position is to implement and coordinate the Department of Public Safety/Juvenile Justice Community Service & Restitution Program. The Community Service & Restitution program allows court-diverted or involved juveniles to perform supervised community service to earn hours and/ or restitution dollars to pay back to their victim.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Intake for all youth who are referred for Community Service & Restitution; follow all reporting requirements associated with this process.
- Coordinate community service opportunities for youth.
- Recruit appropriate adults to serve as site supervisors to young people; provide training, screening and supervision for work site supervisors; contact work site coordinators on a regular basis to track progress of youth.
- Arrange for and implement educational seminars required for youth.
- Adhere to all DJJDP requirements associated with Community Service & Restitution Component.
- Supervise Community Service & Restitution Program Assistant.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with youth and diverse communities.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and strong concern for the needs of children, youth and their families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, completing assignments in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to perform required project tasks independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with CIS staff, board and community partners.
- Ability to handle crisis situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, public administration, social services or related field is required.
- 2 years of applicable work experience in education or related field.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Technologically proficient in all office technology systems including spread sheets, word processing, and email.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish given additional consideration.
Full time (35 hours/week). Job begins June 1, 2017.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$16-$17/hour commensurate with experience; good benefits package.
Siler City, NC
Deadline May 15, 2017, 5 pm. mail or email (1) a one page cover letter explaining why you want this position and why you are qualified for it ; (2) up to three-page resume to: Attention: Executive Director-Communities In Schools Chatham County, PO Box 903, Siler City, NC 27344 or email : email@example.com Questions: Kim Caraganis, 919-663-0116 ext.402. A complete job description is available upon request.
Communities In Schools Chatham County is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.